Dog Adoption Contract
Wish to adopt a forever friend? Adoptions take place most Saturdays from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Peppermint Pig Thrift & Gift Shop, 8255 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45255. (Just west of Eight Mile Road). Please review OUR ADOPTION PROCESS before attending our Adoption Event.
ANIMAL RESCUE ADOPTION CONTRACT:
(THIS CONTRACT IS PROVIDED TO YOU FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL SIGN UPON COMPLETION OF ADOPTION, SHOULD YOU BE SELECTED AND APPROVED FOR ADOPTION.)
This Agreement between Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue (PPAR) and Adopter is to cover a trial dog adoption.
There will be a trial visit of seven days. The purpose of this “trial visit adoption” is to determine that the dog in question is or is not acceptable as a pet in the Adopter’s household.
If the Adopter finds the dog is not suitable during this trial period, Adopter must notify PPAR in order to arrange a mutually agreeable date/time for the dog’s return. The Adoption Fee given at the start of the “trial adoption” will be returned to the Adopter upon return of the dog, in its original condition as of the start of the “trial visit.”
PPAR will provide initial vaccinations, micro-chipping, de-worming, spay/neuter, any initial vet care and one month of flea/tick prevention and heartworm medication. Once the animal is adopted the owner assumes the cost of all vet care. Adopter specificially waives any and all liability of PPAR concerning the dog’s behavior, temperament and health during said trial visit and after any subsequent adoption.
Adopter may inform PPAR of his desire to complete the transaction and finalize the adoption of the dog at any time during the “trial visit” by notifying PPAR. The agreed upon Adoption Fee begins at $95.00 and up being held by PPAR during the “trial adoption” period will then be deposited. PPAR will in turn deliver any appropriate medical documentation of the dog.
The adoption will automatically become final at the end of the trial visit period, if the Adopter has not notified PPAR of the need to return the dog. The Adoption Donation will then be deposited.
Once the adoption has been finalized, Adopter agrees:
- To spay/neuter this dog if not already done at the time of the adoption, and agrees not to breed this dog.
- To keep this dog as an “inside” dog and to make it a loved part of the household.
- To provide a regular program of veterinary care for this dog, including, but not limited to annual wellness exams, vaccinations, heartworm prevention, and other testing as recommended by the veterinarian.
- To obtain and keep the appropriate county dog license and an ID tag on the dog’s collar which the dog will wear at all times. Lack of proper ID is a primary cause for lost dogs not being returned to owners.
- Adopter also agrees to maintain care and custody of the dog for its lifetime and will not sell, give, or otherwise transfer ownership or possession of the dog to another party. If, at any time during the lifetime of the dog, Adopter is unable to keep the dog, Adopter is required to notify PPAR and make arrangements to return the dog to PPAR.
- Adopter agrees that PPAR retains the right to contact Adopter, at its discretion to visit the dog and ascertain that these adoption conditions are being met. Adopter agrees that if the dog is picked up by the dog warden, found wandering or turned into a veterinarian/pound two times, upon the third time, the dog will be returned to PPAR and be cycled back into the adoption program. In signing this agreement, Adopter gives permission to PPAR and/or its designated agent, to remove the dog from Adopter’s premises if the contract is violated.
PPAR makes no warranties, no representations about the quality, condition, or suitability of the dog defined in this agreement.
Adopter agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify PPAR, its Officers and Directors, as well as the foster of the dog from any liability and all claims for losses and damages to persons or property incurred as a result of this adoption, or caused by the actions of the dog adopted herein. Adopter waives any remedy for damages which is not specifically contained in this Agreement.
Adopter further agrees that in the event that this waiver of liability is found to be unenforceable by a court of law, any damages which may be assessed against PPAR will be limited to the amount of money given by the Adopter as the fee for this dog.
This Agreement is the entire understanding between the parties. The parties are not relying on any prior communication of any kind. This Agreement may not be amended or modified without a written explanation and endorsement signed by the Adopter and an Officer of PPAR. This Agreement must be made in the appropriate court with the jurisdiction of Cincinnati, OH. The failure of PPAR to insist on the performance of any of the terms of this agreement will not waive nor bar future enforcement of such terms.
By our signatures below, we, PPAR and Adopter, agree that we have read and understand and agree to the terms of this Agreement, and that the full Adoption Donation has been received by PPAR.