If you have lost/found a dog with Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue ID tag on it-
PLEASE EMAIL US ASAP at:
You may also call 513-474-0005 option 3 but this is voicemail only.
Found a dog with a microchip tag but no other ID?
Call the phone number on the tag or call or email) one of the microchip company numbers below.
Found a lost dog with a dog license tag but no other ID?
Hamilton County Dog License
call Dusty’s Dogs, 513.946.DOGS(513.946.3647). Dusty’s Dogs is the 24-hour hotline that provides the name, address and telephone number of the dog’s owner so you can return the pet to his family.
If you have lost/found a dog that doesn’t have tags you can take them to any vet (or to our Peppermint Pig Thrift and Gift Store during store hours- Tuesday– Friday 11-4:30 or Saturday 12-4) to be scanned for a microchip.
Finding Your Lost Pet
If you have lost your pet, please consider the following options:
1. Call your local county animal shelter immediately, report your pet as lost and give an accurate description of your pet.
2. Search the neighborhood thoroughly. Enlist the help of friends. Post the lost pet to any neighborhood Facebook groups, Cincinnati Lost and Found Pets
or to PawBoost Lost and Found Pets (this will send an alert to all area veterinarian offices and utilizes social media to get the word out about your pet).
3. Go to the animal shelter and look for yourself. Only you know your pet. Take pictures if you can to show others what your pet looks like.
4. Post signs in your neighborhood and local stores. Describe your pet and put a picture of it on the sign if possible. Leave your phone number, too, so people can call you if they find your pet.
5. Place an ad in the newspaper. The more people who know your pet is missing, the better chance you have of finding it.
6. Keep checking at your local shelter and other shelters in the area. Call or visit at least every three days.
Microchipped animals can be identified at any Animal Shelter or local veterinarian’s office. You are also welcome to bring any found pets into our Peppermint Pig Thrift and Gift store during regular business hours (Tuesday– Friday 11-4:30 and Saturday 12-4) and we’ll be happy to scan the animal for a microchip.
Keep a Collar and Identification Tags on your Pets
Returning lost pets to their owners is easiest if dogs wear the required county license and city tags and also a rabies tag. It’s also highly recommended that your dog wear an identification tag with your name, address and phone number. Be sure to keep the collar on your dog at all times.
Cats can wear an I.D. tag and some cities require a license.
If your dog gets lost, call the Hamilton County Dog Warden at 513.541.6100.
If they you find a lost dog wearing a current Hamilton County License, call Dusty’s Dogs, 513.946.DOGS(513.946.3647). Dusty’s Dogs is the 24-hour hotline that provides the name, address and telephone number of the dog’s owner so you can return the pet to his family.
If you find a lost dog that is not wearing a current license tag, call the dog warden at 513.541.6100.
Clermont to the Rescue Humane Society
4025 Filager Rd., Batavia, OH 45103
Animal Friends Humane Society
1820 Princeton Road
Hamilton, OH 45011 Phone:513-867-5727
Hours: M,T,FKenton County, KY
FT. Mitchell , Kentucky 41017
Animal Care & Control
5643 Idlewild Road
Burlington, KY 41005