Spay / Neuter
Why should I spay or neuter my pet?
- Animals that are fixed are less likely to roam, bite, fight and urine-mark.
- Animals that are fixed have a significantly decreased risk of certain types of cancer.
- Spaying will eliminate the incessant crying, nervous behavior and unwanted male suitors that can occur during a female pet’s heat cycle.
- Spaying or neutering at an early age can result in a more affectionate and happy pet.
- Because it’s the right thing to do for your pet and your community. Every year, more than 33,000 unwanted animals are euthanized in the Greater Cincinnati area simply because there are not enough homes.
Do your part. Fix your pet!
Millions of these unwanted, innocent dogs and cats are abandoned. Some fend for themselves on the streets. Many are abused or neglected. Over 6 million end up in overcrowded, underfunded county shelters each year, where over 4 million not lucky enough to be quickly adopted are euthanized each year. Our local Hamilton County SPCA, alone, took in 7,259 dogs and 6,040 cats in 2015.
The Solution is Simple.
Spaying and neutering dogs and cats prevents unwanted births, substantially reducing the number of animals that will wind up in shelters and face euthanasia.
Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue can provide a spay/neuter voucher to those in the community who qualify. The voucher is free to the recipient but Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue is billed $40 for each voucher that is redeemed at a participating vet.
Please consider making a Donation to our SPAY IT FORWARD campaign. Every little bit helps us to prevent more pet overpopulation. No amount is too small!
To get a spay/neuter voucher, please come in person to our
on a Tuesday or Wednesday between 11 and 4:30 or
Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinics
Looking for low cost spay and neuter services in Cincinnati? Check here for clinics and voucher programs that can help you.
All Creatures Animal Hospital
8451 Beechmont Ave., Anderson Twp, OH 45255
WebsiteNoah’s Ark Animal Clinics
6340 Colerain Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45239
Website SPCA Cincinnati
3949 Colerain Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45223
Website FacebookUCAN (United Coalition Of Animals)
2830 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45225
Highland Heights Animal Hospital
2717 Alexandria Pike, Highland Heights, KY 41076
Wags and Whiskers (Wilson Rescue)
offers discount vouchers
a database of low-cost spay/neuter resources