Foster With Us
What does fostering a dog involve?
When you foster, you agree to take a homeless dog into your home and give him or her love, care and attention, either for a predetermined period of time or until the dog is adopted.
Why does Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue need foster homes?
- We don’t have a physical shelter and depend on foster homes to care for dogs until suitable homes are found.
- We may have puppies that are too young to be adopted and need a safe place to stay until he or she is old enough to go to a forever home.
- We may have a dog that is recovering from surgery, illness, or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
- We may have a dog that is showing signs of stress such as pacing or hiding and needs a calmer place to stay.
- We may have a dog that has not lived in a home before and has not had that much contact with people and needs to be socialized.
- We may simply be out of room!
Why should I foster a dog?
Fostering a dog is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have (other than adopting, of course). By taking an animal in need temporarily into your home, you’re:
- Freeing up a spot so we can rescue another dog.
- Giving your foster dog the time he needs to be ready for adoption.
- Helping us learn more about the dog so that he can end up in the best home possible.
- Socializing the dog to a home environment and possibly getting him used to being around other pets and different types of people.
More Foster information.
How do I sign up to foster a dog (or cat?)
Fill out our online foster application.